List of Completed Assignments by PWEDOPosted by: admin | Posted on: March 17, 2020
1. Three projects funded by National Agricultural Research and Development Fund (NARDF PRN 1120, 1123 and 1124) namely Integrating Interventions in the Value Chain of Vegetables for Sustainable Economic Growth in Dhading District,
2. PWEDO organized 6-month long literacy class for 600 adults of Ilam Pokhari Dudh Pokhari and Bichaur VDC of Ilam district with assistance from Project for Agricultural Commercialization and Trade Nepal.
3. During the 10 year long Maoist insurgency, literacy program for 16000 male and 4000 female PLAs were organized.
4. Three month long Non-formal Education in Kathmandu Metropolitan City ward no.13 and 14 waxs provided with assistance from District Education Office Kathmandu for three consecutive years 2065, 2066, 2067 B.S.
5. Successfully completed a project entitled “Development of agricultural entrepreneurship among rural youth for self-employment in Nuwakot district” from July 2009 to June 2012 with financial assistance of NARDF, Ministry of Agriculture Development. The objective of this project is to help the unemployed rural youths to create self-employment through the development of vegetable and spice-based enterprises in the peri-urban areas.
6. Successfully completed a project entitled “Conservation of degraded agriculture and livelihood improvement of marginalized farmers in Dhading” from October 2010 to September 2013 with financial assistance of NRs. 29, 97,947.00 from NARDF, Ministry of Agriculture Development. The objective of this project is to aware the farmers to restore degraded sloppy land and increase income by increasing production of high value vegetable crops and develop marketing network along with building farmer’s capacity. The main project activities are:
7. Completed two days awareness training programme for wholesalers and retailers of Kalimati Fruit and vegetables market with assistance from Solid Waste Management Resource Mobilization Centre, Pulchok.
8. Completed National Workshop regarding provisions on Waste Management to be included in the proposed new constitution of Republic of Nepal, with assistance from Social Welfare Council.
9. Establishment of Bio-gas plant in the premise of Clean Energy Development Bank, Sitapaila with assistance of the same bank.
10. Completed household survey of 200 houses of Kathmandu Municipality City, Ward no. 13 and given Waste Management training to 100 Household owners and distributed Compost bins in cheap price with assistance from Australian Embassy.
11. Participated in Tree plantation programme organized by Australian Embassy under “Clean up the World” Campaign in Swoyambhu.
12. Completed Waste Management training for the settlement situated in Manamati rivulet, branch of Bagmati ( in between Baphal and Gyanodaya Secondary School), with assistance from High powered Committee for Integrated Development of the Bagmati Civilization.
13. Completed National workshop entitled “Effective Implementation of Present Waste Management Act 2068: Challenge and Opportunities” With assistance from Waste Management Technical Support Center
14. Completed National workshop on “Promotion of domestic bio-gas technology in urban areas”, with assistance from Alternative Energy Promotion Center.
15. Participated in the World Environment Day-2012, organized by Ministry of Environment, Science and Technology.
16. Awarded Honorary letter for participation in Cycle Rally Organized by Ministry of Environment, Science and Technology, Step for Miles / Nepal and Kathmandu Eco Ride – lll on the occasion of World Environment Day 2012 with main slogan “Green City: Green Economy.”
17. Awarded Certificate for being 3rd in the Environmental Public Awareness Cultural Program Teej special organized by Waste Management Technical Support Centre, Pulchok.
18. Participated in the weeklong “Bagmati river sarsafai programme” called by Honourable Prime Minister.
19. Participating in the CIFAL JEJU / JITC Training Workshop Organized by UNitar, CIFAL JEJU/ JITC Continuously at the Difference of 3 Month. to date.