Donate UsPosted by: admin | Posted on: March 14, 2020
Our mission is to develop and strengthen each individual’s potentiality through imparting specific knowledge and technical skills to change attitude and behaviour of the people for sustainable development and equitable growth with a view to enhancing quality of life for all now and in the future.
That means we want to:
- protect biodiversity in all its forms
- prevent pollution and abuse of land, air and water
- end all forms of discrimination
- promotelivelihood and enhance productivity
Our core values
- Personal responsibility and nonviolence.We take personal responsibility for our actions, and we are committed to nonviolence. We are accountable for our actions, and everyone on a PWEDO action is trained in nonviolent direct action.
- Independence.We ensure our financial independence from political or commercial interests. Individual contributions, together with donor/foundations grants, are the only source of our funding. Our independence gives us the authority we need to effectively tackle power, and make real change happen.
- PWEDO has no permanent friends or foes.In exposing threats to the environment, social discrimination, empowering women and marginalized communities and finding solutions we have no permanent allies or adversaries. If your government or company is willing to change, we will work with you to achieve your aims. Dither, backtrack or turn around and we will be back.
What matters aren’t words, but actions, and, as far as we’re concerned, there’s only one standard in this: The environment must benefit, be it social or economic or humane.
- Promoting solutions.We seek solutions for, and promote open, informed debate about women empowerment and society’s environmental choices. We don’t work to manage the problems we work to eliminate them. It’s not enough for us to point the finger; we develop, research and promote concrete steps towards a green and peaceful future for all of us.
At PWEDO we are honoured that our work is funded almost entirely by donations given to us by passionate individuals from all over the world who care about the people and want to help us create change, and by grants from private foundations who share our values.
Our independence is vital for us to be effective in our program and campaigning work, which is why we have it as a core principle that guides all of our fundraising.
We also screen all large private donations to identify if there is anything about them which could compromise our independence, our integrity or deflect from our program priorities. If we find something, then we will refuse or return the donation.
Giving us donations allows people to stand together with our campaigners and our activists and help bring about much needed change. Because of this, it is really important that we treat supporters’ gifts to PWEDO respectfully and responsibly, using them to create the biggest impact possible both in our programs and campaigns and also when we invest in more fundraising.
We will always therefore seek to balance costs with results in order to achieve the greatest value we can for supporters and are proud to detail all of our fundraising costs clearly within the annual accounts of each and every PWEDO office. It is also why all the methods we use to fundraise comply with not just our internal principles but also with the professional codes of conduct and accepted good practice in country that we operate within.
Should a supporter be particularly passionate about a specific area of our work and ask us to use their donation to achieve that specific objective, we will try to honour their request.
Sometimes we will ask supporters and the general public to donate to a specific project or campaign. When we believe there will be an expectation from donors that their money will be allocated in this way we will use a recognised accounting method to track donations, and we will report on how much was raised and how it was spent.
Transparency and Accountability
PWEDO works actively to ensure transparency and public accountability in its program, campaigning, fundraising and financial management practices.
As PWEDO our success depends on building a movement of people with the courage and conviction to help build a better nation. The strength of this movement as well as the integrity and reputation of PWEDO depends on the ability of its people to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
The responsibility for upholding this integrity is shared and upheld by each staff member. This means we must have a strong framework to ensure our commitment to creating a working environment where people are not exposed to harassment, abuse, or discrimination.
These standards are set out in our Code of Conduct which clarifies what people can expect from each other and what PWEDO expects of them in terms of acceptable behaviour. It sets out common basic principles and rules or standards, which alleviate doubt and give precise instructions for the conduct expected of PWEDO people.
Help us protect the environment and fight against discrimination. Donate today.
You can stand up for the environment and fight against discrimination of any form your entire life. Or even longer. Donate today or consider remembering PWEDO in your Will.
PWEDO is the only nationalwomen and environmental development
organisation that relies on individual
supporters like you to fund our work.
By making a much needed donation you will join PWEDO in our work to fight against discrimination and protect the environment and find the solutions we need to our most important environmental issues.
You are helping PWEDO investigate, campaign, document and lobby for a sustainable balance between humans and the environment.
Generous individuals and
institutions can donate us at the following account.
Bank Name: Rastriya Banijya Bank,
SWIFT code: RBBANKPKA
Account No.: 175000170601
Account holder: Population, Women and Environmental Development Organization (PWEDO)
Location of Branch Office: Kalanki, Kathmandu